Heaven-Pkz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)

Go down 
+5
Gandalf
Fallon
Blk Shadow43
Taxxi
Encrypted
9 posters

Do I deserve it?
Yes
Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) I_vote_lcap25%Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
No
Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) I_vote_lcap75%Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
Maybe So
Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) I_vote_lcap0%Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Encrypted
Encrypted

Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) Empty
PostSubject: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:16 am

Hey, Heaven staff. I hope you enjoy my application. It is pretty long.
So here's the details. (Wish me luck guys, Also don't be shy to comment.)

Name:Odie

IGN: Encrypted

Time Zone: (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (Us And Canada)

Hours Played: Not many, but I believe I played on your 317 a while back.

Hours/Day: I'll say like 12h a day maybe more maybe less.

1) Explain how you would make the experience better for the rest of the players.

Well you see, I'm basically just like you. I'm a good person and all. I have my own server, and I look into the same qualities that you do look into people applying to be part of your staff. I am a great person, out going, party boy, really generous IRL.

All the stated above, I can show and prove to you. That: I'm a respectful person to who logs onto your server.
I will help them out, give them the information that wasn't already supplied. I would show them around and how to make money that will benefit them later on while they are playing.

2) Describe what kind of computing abilities you have (e.g. Are you a good coder? Do you know how to host? Etc.).

I'm a great coder, but not the best. I might know things that you might not, and you might know things that I might not, but I and you are both studying the same code. We understand it properly.

I've studied the codes stated below:

-Java
-Java Script
-JScript
-Java FX
-C++
-RBScript
-Redcode

I hope, I'm not over qualified. That is the coding languages I know and more will be posted when I study.

3) How would you deal with a player complaining to you about a possible scammer?

Well you never know, if the player is lying and causing a possible illusion to himself.
I would ask the player if he has a screen shot of the trade, or other types of proof that he got scammed.
If he has no screen shot, I would have to gather both players and ask them, if it's not working.
If It was my server, I'd ask the player who got scammed what item he had.
Then I'd go into the possible scammers character notepad and check the item codes in his invent and bank,
If the codes didn't match up to what the player lost, he would be lie-ing, if they did. I wouldn't ban the player.
I'd give him a warning, if that doesn't work I'll mute him for a couple hours, if again. I'll have to ban him.

4) How would you deal with a spammer?

Everyone hates a spammer right? I don't I find them amusing. Every server has one spammer joining daily or possibly more. Well you see, you can either mute him and that will stop him or he'll spam ::yell.

Well spammers don't usually play the server they spam on, they just want to advertise so you might as well ban the spammer.

P.S Also they might be spamming cause they didn't get a staff spot.

5) How would you treat different players in game? (e.g. Would you play favorites?)

I treat everyone in life as equal, why not treat the players equal who come and go.
If they do anything to hurt and disturb other players on the server, I would have to take action and stop it.

No, I don't play favorites.

6) What kind of improvements do you think could be made for the game?

Possibly a nicer home, I do have one in mind.
These days everyone has rock crabs as a training area,
so might as well try something else with a slayer master involved.
So they can train a skilling stat while training combat. (That would be nice)
Maybe the shops closer to home.

7) What is your personal opinion on the current staff? (e.g. Do they listen? Do they help other players with their problems? Etc.)

I can't really say anything about the staff, but I'm sure you picked them right and they won't cause any problems.

8.) Are you holding any grudges against any of the current players? (Be honest. If we find out that you lied, you will be demoted. We’re looking for honesty in our staff.)

Honestly why waste life holding a grudge, it doesn't work out and it ruins both your fun. No I don't hold grudges at all or to any players.

9) Have you ever been a moderator before? If yes, then for what server?

Yes, I have been....
Co-Owner on Mopar World.
Co-Owner on Hoodpkerscape .
Administrator on CapeScape.
Donation Status On Rune Zone. (With out donating)

10) If you have anything else to say that you feel we need to know, type it below.

I'd like to say HI! to everyone here. Also thanks for having me on your forums and server.

Also you guys owe me a proper "WELCOME" hehe like any new player.

Way of contact? EncryptedZone@live.ca

Last edited by Encrypted on Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taxxi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Taxxi

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 8:08 am

Welcome to Heaven-Pkz!

Ok, it was a great app. However here there are requirements before you can get mod/admin. Things like a month in-game time and 40 posts on forums etc..

Also currently I don't think we are looking for any new staff. Sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
Encrypted
Encrypted

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 8:11 am

Taxxi wrote:
Welcome to Heaven-Pkz!

Ok, it was a great app. However here there are requirements before you can get mod/admin. Things like a month in-game time and 40 posts on forums etc..

Also currently I don't think we are looking for any new staff. Sorry Sad

I might be used as a Java developer you never know... aha.
Back to top Go down
Taxxi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Taxxi

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 8:59 am

Ok but you did post it in in-game area.
Back to top Go down
Blk Shadow43
Blk Shadow43

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 1:22 pm

Hmm this is the first good app i've seen since taxxi's
Back to top Go down
Fallon

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 4:55 pm

To be honest, this is the best staff application I've seen on this server. You don't meet the requirements of 1 month with server and 40 posts though.

I understand you would be a good moderator though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.heaven-pkz.org/
Gandalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Gandalf

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 5:14 pm

Sorry if by now this seems redundant, but yeah, you don't have the requirements. It's a very good and detailed application, and when we need some help(I.E. more staff) I'll make sure your name comes up. Til then, enjoy the server, and good luck.
Back to top Go down
Encrypted
Encrypted

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:29 pm

Thank you everyone, I suggest someone locks this topic until further notice.
Back to top Go down
Gandalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Gandalf

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:52 pm

Encrypted wrote:

Topic locked by request. PM me or another staff member if you want it opened again.]

EDIT, application re-opened by request of author.
Back to top Go down
Encrypted
Encrypted

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:00 pm

Gandalf wrote:
Encrypted wrote:

Topic locked by request. PM me or another staff member if you want it opened again.]

EDIT, application re-opened by request of author.

I want this topic locked until a forum admin or moderator decides to make me a player mod or admin.
So, I'm saying I want this locked till I get a "ACCEPTED" or "DECLINED" Comment.

Also thanks again Gandalf Smile
Back to top Go down
Time
GFX Designer
GFX Designer
Time

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:20 pm

Encrypted wrote:

Well you see, you can either mute him and that will stop him or he'll spam ::yell.

It was a nice app, but this sentence above proved to me you haven't been playing long enough.
Back to top Go down
Encrypted
Encrypted

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:22 pm

Time wrote:
Encrypted wrote:

Well you see, you can either mute him and that will stop him or he'll spam ::yell.

It was a nice app, but this sentence above proved to me you haven't been playing long enough.

Well you see, most servers when you mute somebody. They can still spam ::yell

So, I suggested it would be like that... :/

Last edited by Encrypted on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gandalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Gandalf

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:24 pm

He's saying you didn't know that only Administrators + have the option to use ::yell.
Back to top Go down
Encrypted
Encrypted

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:25 pm

Gandalf wrote:
He's saying you didn't know that only Administrators + have the option to use ::yell.

Lol, I actually never tried to ::yell yet lol.
Back to top Go down
Time
GFX Designer
GFX Designer
Time

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:27 pm

Encrypted wrote:
Gandalf wrote:

That's why I think you haven't played long enough. You didn't even know that ::yell is admin+
Back to top Go down
Encrypted
Encrypted

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Time wrote:
Encrypted wrote:
Gandalf wrote:

That's why I think you haven't played long enough. You didn't even know that ::yell is admin+

Haha, the only reason I didn't know, is because I haven't tried it lol. I just suggested it would be free for all.

But, thank you for clearing things up.
Back to top Go down
Gandalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Gandalf

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:42 pm

This is getting slightly off topic, the exact reason ::yell is admin+ is because of exactly what he said, people use it to advertise. At any rate, he knows now.
Back to top Go down
dapheria
dapheria

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 1:23 pm

i dont want to sound like a smartass but is this topic needed anymore? the application is basically turned down.
Back to top Go down
Encrypted
Encrypted

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:09 pm

dapheria wrote:
i dont want to sound like a smartass but is this topic needed anymore? the application is basically turned down.

I don't think it's turned down, they were just pinting out that you need to be admin to use a special command thats all..
Back to top Go down
Petros
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Petros

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 6:08 pm

Blablabla, nice application and all, but sadly it doesn't meet requirements and you obviously don't know enough about the server if you can't tell that only admins+ have ::yell. Not a personal thing, in fact, I'd say make another application in a little bit and it might be a yes from me.

But for now, it needs to be closed due to the requirements, they have to be applied even on good applications.
Back to top Go down
Gandalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Gandalf

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 12:26 pm

Re-opened by request of author, since he does have the requirements now.
Back to top Go down
Encrypted
Encrypted

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:33 pm

Gandalf wrote:
Re-opened by request of author, since he does have the requirements now.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
i0wn3v3ry
Legendary Member
Legendary  Member
i0wn3v3ry

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 3:05 am

You just got here, and your asking for mod/admin?
Back to top Go down
Petros
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Petros

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:35 am

Nick you have to keep this closed until it's been a month. She joined the same day that she made the app, in other words one week.

Lol oops, I got him confused with someone else. Won't happen again. ~Nick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)   Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll) Empty

Back to top Go down

Encrypted Application - Mod/Admin (7 Day Poll)
Page 1 of 1