Heaven-Pkz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions for money-making?

Go down 
+5
Jigsaw Is Bk
Luna
damonxd
Gandalf
Paul
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul
Administrator
Administrator
Paul

Suggestions for money-making? Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for money-making?   Suggestions for money-making? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:23 am

If anyone has good suggestions for methods of making money please post them here and I will implement them into the server if they are good Smile.

PS - do you guys think money making is hard atm?
Back to top Go down
Gandalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Gandalf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for money-making?   Suggestions for money-making? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:34 am

Well, there isn't really "money making" at the moment, aside from selling drops from Slayer tasks. Most people can be self sufficient... 2m for a whip, a day of training and your at the Barrows getting good armor or grab a couple of friends and head to Pest Control. As of now there really isn't a reason to try and make huge sums of cash, as a lot of the trading I've seen has been item for item. Just my take on it at the moment.

If I had to think of ways to make cash, their are a few that come to mind....
-High Level Alchemy during Slayer tasks, you get a lot of rune armor drops.

-Crafting, after 55 selling Amulets of Glory to the general store always yields a 2k profit.

-Some monsters drop various amounts of coins, if you're that desperate.

-Getting a high Fletching and making gem tipped bolts and then selling those to other players is pretty good I guess, supply and demand right?

-High Runecrafting and making a lot of say, Bloods, Astrals, and Deaths. People love to buy in bulk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.heaven-pkz.org/
damonxd
Starter
Starter
damonxd

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for money-making?   Suggestions for money-making? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:56 am

Paul wrote:
If anyone has good suggestions for methods of making money please post them here and I will implement them into the server if they are good Smile.

yes yes i do make slayer quest be worth money when you beat them that would be awesome
Back to top Go down
damonxd
Starter
Starter
damonxd

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for money-making?   Suggestions for money-making? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:58 am

Paul wrote:

oh and place a few more merchants in that will buy anything.
Back to top Go down
Luna
Ingame Moderator
Ingame Moderator
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for money-making?   Suggestions for money-making? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:38 am

I will stat that there are stores that buy everything, aka the general stores AND there is a merchant in Al Kharid. (last I checked, but no one really goes to Al Kharid. Anyways, she used to sell clothing for skillers, meaning berets and random event sets as two examples.) General stores in Varrock, Falador, Catherby, Edgeville, and I'm assuming probably Lumbridge if you're that desperate. I don't see the need to add any more

With Slayer tasks, giving money at the end isn't a bad idea, but I would say to make sure it's appropriate for the task. Ergo, Harder the task the more money given, and also the more monsters assigned, the more money. Meaning maybe just set a amount that each monster is worth? Like Hellhounds and Green Dragons being 20k each. Probably higher, it's up to you to see how difficult you think they are and judge the money amount you would feel comfortable giving.
Back to top Go down
Jigsaw Is Bk
Ingame Admin
Ingame Admin
Jigsaw Is Bk

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for money-making?   Suggestions for money-making? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:11 am

Paul I only have one money making issue, with the selling of gems to stores disabled.. The way skillers could make money has dropped alot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jigsawisbk
Super Swag
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for money-making?   Suggestions for money-making? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:50 am

Why not put good old thieving back? You can also make the value of some items higher so when sold to shops you can get a decent amount of money.
Back to top Go down
Jigsaw Is Bk
Ingame Admin
Ingame Admin
Jigsaw Is Bk

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for money-making?   Suggestions for money-making? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:55 am

Super Swag wrote:
Why not put good old thieving back? You can also make the value of some items higher so when sold to shops you can get a decent amount of money.

Yer! Im with swag on this one, not 12m again but make it some decent amount of cash.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hicks
GFX Designer
GFX Designer
Bill Hicks

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for money-making?   Suggestions for money-making? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 9:06 am

Just take nats and fire runes to dust devils and alc all the rune drops.

Depending on drops and how fast you kill then you can make 500k every 10 mins or so.
Back to top Go down
i0wn3v3ry
Legendary Member
Legendary  Member
i0wn3v3ry

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for money-making?   Suggestions for money-making? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Allow gem's to be sold to the store.

Make a random amount of cash when fishing, such as "You recieve a casket with "x" coins"

Back to top Go down
i0wn3v3ry
Legendary Member
Legendary  Member
i0wn3v3ry

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for money-making?   Suggestions for money-making? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:54 pm

Sorry for double post*

Yeah, add thieving back with an npc that only buys those items, and you can't sell the items to other stores.

Such stalls: Cake, Silk, Gem, and the others.

But allow people to earn a good amount from Npc's they thieve, such as Men - 1k a thieve, and so on, increasing as the level needs increases.
Back to top Go down
Gandalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Gandalf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for money-making?   Suggestions for money-making? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 2:09 pm

i0wn3v3ry wrote:
Allow gem's to be sold to the store.

Make a random amount of cash when fishing, such as "You recieve a casket with "x" coins"

You can sell amulets that you make from gems to Dr. Orbon in Falador, and fishing in itself is a money maker, people pay quite a bit for mantas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.heaven-pkz.org/
Jigsaw Is Bk
Ingame Admin
Ingame Admin
Jigsaw Is Bk

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for money-making?   Suggestions for money-making? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Also now thieving is a great source of free cash, 45m for getting 99 is not bad at all..
Back to top Go down
the monk
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for money-making?   Suggestions for money-making? EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 2:22 pm

I think money making is decent here but i also have a few idea-

I dident play the old server but making thieving more proiftible sounds good to me!

also maybe add a slayer rewrds to slayer master?
maybe the more points the better items! thats just my idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for money-making?   Suggestions for money-making? Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for money-making?
Page 1 of 1